This is an historical version of this statute chapter. Also view the most recent published version.
This chapter shall not be construed to apply to:
(1) interstate carriers under the supervision of the United States Department of Health and Human Services;
(2) any building constructed and primarily used for religious worship;
(3) any building owned, operated, and used by a college or university in accordance with health regulations promulgated by the college or university under chapter 14;
(4) any person, firm, or corporation whose principal mode of business is licensed under sections 28A.04 and 28A.05, is exempt at that premises from licensure as a food or beverage establishment; provided that the holding of any license pursuant to sections 28A.04 and 28A.05 shall not exempt any person, firm, or corporation from the applicable provisions of this chapter or the rules of the state commissioner of health relating to food and beverage service establishments;
(6) nonprofit senior citizen centers for the sale of home-baked goods; and
(7) food not prepared at an establishment and brought in by individuals attending a potluck event for consumption at the potluck event. An organization sponsoring a potluck event under this clause may advertise the potluck event to the public through any means. Individuals who are not members of an organization sponsoring a potluck event under this clause may attend the potluck event and consume the food at the event. Licensed food establishments cannot be sponsors of potluck events. Potluck event food shall not be brought into a licensed food establishment kitchen.
Copyright © 2000 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.