Subdivision 1. Revenue. The county board or joint county authority may undertake projects of improvement consistent with purposes of the district. To finance projects and services of the district, the county board or joint county authority may, only after seeking other sources of funding:
(1) assess the costs of the projects upon benefited property within the district in the manner provided under chapter 429;
(2) impose service charges on the users of lake improvement district services within the district;
(3) issue obligations as provided in section 429.091;
(4) levy an ad valorem tax solely on property within the lake improvement district, to be appropriated and expended solely on projects of special benefit to the district; or
(5) impose or issue any combination of service charges, special assessments, obligations, and taxes.
Subd. 2. Tax additional to other levies. A tax under subdivision 1 may be in addition to amounts levied on all taxable property in the county for the same or similar purposes.
Subd. 3. Budgeting for operations. The county board or county boards forming the joint county authority shall include appropriate provisions in their budget for the operation of a lake improvement district.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes