84D.09 Aquatic macrophytes.
Subdivision 1. Transportation prohibited. A person may not transport aquatic macrophytes on any state forest road as defined by section 89.001, subdivision 14, any road or highway as defined in section 160.02, subdivision 7, or any other public road, except as provided in this section.
Subd. 2. Exceptions. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, a person may transport aquatic macrophytes:
(1) that are duckweeds in the family Lemnaceae;
(2) for disposal as part of a harvest or control activity conducted under an aquatic plant management permit pursuant to section 103G.615, under permit pursuant to section 84D.11, or as specified by the commissioner;
(3) for purposes of constructing shooting or observation blinds in amounts sufficient for that purpose, provided that the aquatic macrophytes are emergent and cut above the waterline;
(4) when legally purchased or traded by or from commercial or hobbyist sources for aquarium, wetland or lakeshore restoration, or ornamental purposes;
(5) when harvested for personal or commercial use if in a motor vehicle;
(6) to the department, or another destination as the commissioner may direct, in a sealed container for purposes of identifying a species or reporting the presence of a species;
(7) when transporting a commercial aquatic plant harvester to a suitable location for purposes of cleaning any remaining aquatic macrophytes;
(8) that are wild rice harvested under section 84.091; or
(9) in the form of fragments of emergent aquatic macrophytes incidentally transported in or on watercraft or decoys used for waterfowl hunting during the waterfowl season.