256J.751 County performance management.
(a) The commissioner shall report quarterly to all counties each county's performance on the following measures:
(1) percent of MFIP caseload working in paid employment;
(2) percent of MFIP caseload receiving only the food portion of assistance;
(3) number of MFIP cases that have left assistance;
(4) federal participation requirements as specified in title 1 of Public Law Number 104-193; and
(5) median placement wage rate.
(b) The commissioner shall, in consultation with counties, develop measures for county performance in addition to those in paragraph (a). In developing these measures, the commissioner must consider:
(1) a measure for MFIP cases that leave assistance due to employment;
(2) job retention after participants leave MFIP; and
(3) participant's earnings at a follow-up point after the participant has left MFIP.
(c) If sanctions occur for failure to meet the performance standards specified in title 1 of Public Law Number 104-193 of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act of 1996, the state shall pay 88 percent of the sanction. The remaining 12 percent of the sanction will be paid by the counties. The county portion of the sanction will be distributed across all counties in proportion to each county's percentage of the MFIP average monthly caseload during the period for which the sanction was applied.
(d) If a county fails to meet the performance standards specified in title 1 of Public Law Number 104-193 of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act of 1996 for any year, the commissioner shall work with counties to organize a joint state-county technical assistance team to work with the county. The commissioner shall coordinate any technical assistance with other departments and agencies including the departments of economic security and children, families, and learning as necessary to achieve the purpose of this paragraph.
HIST: 1999 c 245 art 6 s 80
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes