The commissioner may adopt rules for the following purposes:
(1) to establish minimum qualifications for elevator inspectors that must include possession of a current elevator constructor electrician's license issued by the state board of electricity and proof of successful completion of the national elevator industry education program examination or equivalent experience;
(2) to establish criteria for the qualifications of elevator contractors;
(4) to establish procedures for appeals of decisions of the commissioner under chapter 14 and procedures allowing the commissioner, before issuing a decision, to seek advice from the elevator trade, building owners or managers, and others knowledgeable in the installation, construction, and repair of elevators; and
(5) to establish requirements for the registration of all elevators.
* NOTE: The amendment to this section by Laws 1999, chapter *250, article 3, section 3, is effective July 1, 2001. Laws *1999, chapter 250, article 3, section 29.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes