103I.525 Well contractor's license.
Subdivision 1. Application. (a) A person must file an application and application fee with the commissioner to apply for a well contractor's license.
(b) The application must state the applicant's qualifications for the license, the equipment the applicant will use in the contracting, and other information required by the commissioner. The application must be on forms prescribed by the commissioner.
(c) A person may apply as an individual if the person:
(1) is not the licensed well contractor representing a firm, sole proprietorship, partnership, association, corporation, or other entity including the United States government, any interstate body, the state and agency, department or political subdivision of the state; and
(2) meets the well contractor license requirements under provisions of this chapter.
Subd. 2. Application fee. The application fee for a well contractor's license is $50. The commissioner may not act on an application until the application fee is paid.
Subd. 3. Examination. After the commissioner has approved the application, the applicant must take an examination given by the commissioner.
Subd. 4. Issuance of license. If an applicant meets the experience requirements established by rule, passes the examination as determined by the commissioner, submits the bond under subdivision 5, and pays the license fee under subdivision 6, the commissioner shall issue a well contractor's license.
Subd. 5. Bond. (a) As a condition of being issued a well contractor's license, the applicant, except a person applying for an individual well contractor's license, must submit a corporate surety bond for $10,000 approved by the commissioner. The bond must be conditioned to pay the state on unlawful performance of work regulated by this chapter in this state. The bond is in lieu of other license bonds required by a political subdivision of the state.
(b) From proceeds of the bond, the commissioner may compensate persons injured or suffering financial loss because of a failure of the applicant to properly perform work or duties.
Subd. 6. License fee. The fee for a well contractor's license is $250, except the fee for an individual well contractor's license is $50.
Subd. 7. Validity. A well contractor's license is valid until the date prescribed in the license by the commissioner.
Subd. 8. Renewal. (a) A licensee must file an application and a renewal application fee to renew the license by the date stated in the license.
(b) The renewal application fee shall be set by the commissioner under section 16A.1285.
(c) The renewal application must include information that the applicant has met continuing education requirements established by the commissioner by rule.
(d) At the time of the renewal, the commissioner must have on file all properly completed well reports, well sealing reports, reports of excavations to construct elevator shafts, well permits, and well notifications for work conducted by the licensee since the last license renewal.
Subd. 9. Incomplete or late renewal. If a licensee fails to submit all information required for renewal in subdivision 8 or submits the application and information after the required renewal date:
(1) the licensee must include an additional late fee set by the commissioner; and
(2) the licensee may not conduct activities authorized by the well contractor's license until the renewal application, renewal application fee, late fee, and all other information required in subdivision 8 are submitted.
* NOTE: The amendment to subdivision 9 by Laws 1999, chapter *250, article 3, section 10, is effective July 1, 2001. Laws *1999, chapter 250, article 3, section 29.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes