508A.25 Rights of person holding CPT.
Every person holding a CPT issued pursuant to sections 508A.01 to 508A.85 who has acquired title in good faith and for a valuable consideration shall hold the same free from all encumbrances and adverse claims, excepting only estates, mortgages, liens, charges, and interests as may be noted by separate memorials in the latest CPT in the office of the registrar, and also excepting the memorial provided in section 508A.351 and any of the following rights or encumbrances subsisting against the same, if any:
(1) liens, claims, or rights arising or existing under the laws or the constitution of the United States, which this state cannot require to appear of record;
(2) the lien of any real property tax or special assessment for which the land has not been sold at the date of the CPT;
(3) any lease for a period not exceeding three years when there is actual occupation of the premises under it;
(4) all rights in public highways upon the land;
(5) the rights of any person in possession under deed or contract for deed from the owner of the CPT;
(6) any liens, encumbrances, and other interests that may be contained in the examiner's supplemental directive issued pursuant to section 508A.22, subdivision 2;
(7) any claims that may be made pursuant to section 508A.17 within five years from the date the examiner's supplemental directive is filed on the CPT; and
No existing or future lien for state taxes arising under the laws of this state for the nonpayment of any amounts due under chapter 268 or any tax administered by the commissioner of revenue may encumber title to lands registered under this chapter unless filed under the terms of this chapter.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes