As used in sections 322A.01 to 322A.87, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) "Certificate of limited partnership" means the certificate referred to in section 322A.11, and the certificate as amended or restated.
(2) "Contribution" means any cash, property, services rendered, or a promissory note or other binding obligation to contribute cash or property or to perform services, which a partner contributes to a limited partnership as a partner.
(3) "Event of withdrawal of a general partner" means an event that causes a person to cease to be a general partner as provided in section 322A.32.
(4) "Executed" means signed.
(5) "Filed with the secretary of state" means that a document meeting the applicable requirements of this chapter, signed and accompanied by the required filing fee, has been delivered to the secretary of state of this state.
(6) "Foreign limited partnership" means a partnership formed under the laws of any state other than this state and having as partners one or more general partners and one or more limited partners.
(7) "General partner" means a person who has been admitted to a limited partnership as a general partner in accordance with the partnership agreement and named in the certificate of limited partnership as a general partner.
(8) "Limited partner" means a person who has been admitted to a limited partnership as a limited partner in accordance with the partnership agreement.
(9) "Limited partnership" and "domestic limited partnership" mean a partnership formed by two or more persons under the laws of this state and having one or more general partners and one or more limited partners.
(10) "Partner" means a limited or general partner.
(11) "Partnership agreement" means any valid agreement, written or oral, of the partners as to the affairs of a limited partnership and the conduct of its business.
(12) "Partnership interest" means a partner's share of the profits and losses of a limited partnership and the right to receive distributions of partnership assets.
(13) "Person" means a natural person, partnership, limited partnership (domestic or foreign), trust, estate, association, limited liability company (whether domestic or foreign), or corporation.
(14)(a) "Signed" means that the signature of a person has been written on a document, as provided in section 645.44, subdivision 14, and, with respect to a document required by this chapter to be filed with the secretary of state, means that the document has been signed by a person authorized to do so by this chapter, the articles or bylaws, or by a resolution approved by the partners.
(b) A signature on a document may be a facsimile affixed, engraved, printed, placed, stamped with indelible ink, transmitted by facsimile or electronically, or in any other manner reproduced on the document.
(15) "State" means a state, territory, or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes