303.14 Annual report.
Subdivision 1. Filed with secretary of state; contents. Between January 15 and May 15, in each calendar year, every foreign corporation which holds a certificate of authority shall make and file with the secretary of state a report for the previous calendar year, setting forth:
(1) the name of the corporation and the state or country under the laws of which it is organized;
(2) if the name of the corporation does not end with the word "Corporation" or the word "Incorporated," or the abbreviation "Inc.," or does not contain the word "Company" or the abbreviation "Co." not immediately preceded by the word "and" or the character "&>," then the name of the corporation with the word or abbreviation which it has agreed to add thereto for use in this state;
(3) the address of its registered office in this state and the name of its registered agent at such address;
(4) additional information necessary or appropriate to enable the secretary of state to determine the additional license fee, if any, payable by the corporation;
(5) a statement of the corporate taxable net income as stated in its appropriate Minnesota income tax return that was due in the previous year; and
(6) the fee required by section 303.07, subdivision 2. This fee shall be submitted with the annual report.
Subd. 2. Repealed, 3Sp1981 c 2 art 1 s 75
Subd. 3. Forms. The annual report shall be made on forms prescribed by the secretary of state, one part setting forth the facts required by subdivision 1, clauses (1) to (3), and the other part the facts required by subdivision 1, clauses (4), (5), and (6).
Subd. 4. Conformance. On finding that such annual report conforms to the requirements of this chapter, the secretary of state shall file the same. On finding that it does not so conform, the secretary of state shall return the same by mail to the corporation, in which event the provisions of section 303.17, relating to failure to file such report within the period herein required, shall not apply if such report is made to conform to the requirements of this chapter and is filed with the secretary of state within 30 days from such return of the report by the secretary of state to the corporation.
Subd. 5. Divulgence of contents forbidden. It shall be unlawful for the secretary of state or any other public official or employee to divulge or otherwise make known in any manner any of the particulars with reference to the taxable net income set forth or disclosed as a part of any annual report. Nothing herein shall be construed to prohibit the inspection of the full reports by officials and employees of this state in the performance of their duties with respect to license fees due from the corporation making the report. Any person violating any of the prohibitions of this subdivision shall be guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes