10A.323 Matching requirements.
In addition to the requirements of section 10A.322, to be eligible to receive a public subsidy under section 10A.31 or 10A.312 a candidate or the candidate's treasurer shall file an affidavit with the board stating that during that calendar year the candidate has accumulated contributions from persons eligible to vote in this state in the amount indicated for the office sought, counting only the first $50 received from each contributor:
(1) candidates for governor and lieutenant governor running together, $35,000;
(2) candidates for attorney general, $15,000;
(3) candidates for secretary of state, state treasurer, and state auditor, separately, $6,000;
(4) candidates for the senate, $3,000; and
(5) candidates for the house of representatives, $1,500.
To be eligible to receive a public matching subsidy under section 10A.312, the affidavit must state the total amount of contributions that have been received from persons eligible to vote in this state and the total amount of those contributions received, disregarding the portion of any contribution in excess of $50.
The candidate or the candidate's treasurer shall submit the affidavit required by this section to the board in writing by September 1 of the general election year to receive the payment based on the results of the primary election, by September 15 to receive the payment made October 1, by October 1 to receive the payment made October 15, by November 1 to receive the payment made November 15, and by December 1 to receive the payment made December 15.