R311.4.3 Landings at doors. Except as provided in this section, there shall be a floor or landing on each side of each exterior door. The width of the landing shall not be less than the door served. The landing shall have a minimum dimension of 36 inches (9114 mm) measured in the direction of travel.
R3188.8.131.52 Landings at the exterior exit door required by Section R311.4.1.
1. The floor or landing at the exit door required by Section R311.4.1 shall not be more than 1.5 inches (38 mm) below the top of the threshold, regardless of door swing.
2. The exterior landing shall be up to 7-3/4 inches (196 mm) below the top of the threshold, provided the door, other than an exterior storm or screen door, does not swing over the exterior landing.
R3184.108.40.206 Landings or floors at exterior doors other than those required by Section R311.4.1.
1. The exterior landing or floors shall be permitted to be no greater than 7-3/4 inches (196 mm) below the top of the threshold, provided the door, other than an exterior storm or screen door, does not swing over the exterior landing.
2. Landings in this subsection are not required for the exterior side of a door when a stairway that is less than 30 inches (762 mm) in height is located on the exterior side of the door. The stairway height shall be measured vertically from the interior floor surface to the finished grade.
3. An exterior landing is not required at a doorway when only a storm or screen door is installed which does not swing over the exterior landing.
32 SR 12; 33 SR 807; L 2007 c 140 art 4 s 61; art 13 s 4
February 23, 2009
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes