Note: see session law sections for effective dates.
The Medicare supplement plan with 50 percent Medicare Part A deductible coverage must have a level of coverage that will provide:
(1) 100 percent of Medicare Part A hospitalization coinsurance plus coverage for 365 days after Medicare benefits end;
(2) coverage for 50 percent of the Medicare Part A inpatient hospital deductible amount per benefit period;
(3) coverage for the coinsurance amount for each day used from the 21st through the 100th day in a Medicare benefit period for posthospital skilled nursing care eligible under Medicare Part A;
(4) coverage for cost sharing for all Medicare Part A eligible hospice and respite care expenses;
(5) coverage under Medicare Part A or B for the reasonable cost of the first three pints of blood, or equivalent quantities of packed red blood cells, as defined under federal regulations;
(6) coverage for 100 percent of the cost sharing otherwise applicable under Medicare Part B, after the policyholder pays the Medicare Part B deductible;
(7) coverage of 100 percent of the cost sharing for Medicare Part B preventive services and diagnostic procedures for cancer screening described in section 62A.30 after the policyholder pays the Medicare Part B deductible;
(8) coverage of 80 percent of the hospital and medical expenses and supplies incurred during travel outside of the United States as a result of a medical emergency; and
(9) coverage for 100 percent of the Medicare Part A or B home health care services and medical supplies after the policyholder pays the Medicare Part B deductible.