(a) In order to ensure the effective supervision and enforcement of this chapter, the commissioner may, pursuant to chapter 14:
(1) deny, suspend, revoke, condition, or decline to renew a license for a violation of this chapter, rules issued under this chapter, or order or directive entered under this chapter;
(2) deny, suspend, revoke, condition, or decline to renew a license if an applicant or licensee fails at anytime to meet the requirements of section 58A.05 or 58A.08, or withholds information or makes a material misstatement in an application for a license or renewal of a license;
(3) order restitution against persons subject to this chapter for violations of this chapter;
(4) impose fines on persons subject to this chapter pursuant to paragraphs (b) to (d); and
(5) issue orders or directives under this chapter as follows:
(i) order or direct persons subject to this chapter to cease and desist from conducting business, including immediate temporary orders to cease and desist;
(ii) order or direct persons subject to this chapter to cease any harmful activities or violations of this chapter, including immediate temporary orders to cease and desist;
(iii) enter immediate temporary orders to cease business under a license if the commissioner determines that the license was erroneously granted or the licensee is currently in violation of this chapter; and
(iv) order or direct other affirmative action the commissioner considers necessary.
(b) The commissioner may impose a civil penalty on a mortgage loan originator or person subject to this chapter if the commissioner finds, on the record after notice and opportunity for hearing, that the mortgage loan originator or person subject to this chapter has violated or failed to comply with any requirement of this chapter or any rule prescribed by the commissioner under this chapter or order issued under authority of this chapter.
(c) The maximum amount of penalty for each act or omission described in paragraph (b) is $25,000.
(d) Each violation or failure to comply with any directive or order of the commissioner is a separate and distinct violation or failure.