(a) A protected person or an interested person may file a petition in the appointing court for an order:
(1) requiring bond or collateral or additional bond or collateral, or reducing bond;
(2) requiring an accounting for the administration of the protected person's estate;
(3) directing distribution;
(4) removing the conservator and appointing a temporary or successor conservator;
(5) modifying the type of appointment or powers granted to the conservator if the extent of protection or management previously granted is currently excessive or insufficient or the protected person's ability to manage the estate and business affairs has so changed as to warrant the action; or
(6) acting in the protected person's best interests or granting other appropriate relief.
(b) A conservator may petition the appointing court for instructions concerning fiduciary responsibility.
(c) On notice and hearing the petition, the court may give appropriate instructions and make any appropriate order.
(d) The court may, at its own discretion, waive the notice or hearing requirements for the relief requested in a petition filed under this section.
Copyright © 2017 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.