An application for registration for a CPT shall be addressed to the examiner of titles in and for the county in which the land described is situated. The examiner shall have the powers provided in sections 508A.01 to 508A.85 including but not limited to the following:
(1) to approve all applications prior to filing of record;
(2) to require an abstract of title with searches and recertifications as desired;
(3) to require that mailed notice be given to the holders of any interest, when their addresses are known;
(4) to issue examiner's reports, supplemental reports, and directives to the registrar regarding initial CPTs or memorials upon any CPT pursuant to section 508A.71;
(5) to require the county surveyor to review the proposed legal description of any CPT or to inspect the real property;
(6) to suspend any proceeding hereunder upon receipt of any valid written objections by persons claiming an interest in the real property; and
(7) to require proceedings subsequent to the initial CPT as may be necessary to achieve the purposes of sections 508A.01 to 508A.85, or to certify instruments transferring title pursuant to sections 508A.59, 508A.62, and 508A.69.