This section describes the sports facilities that the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority controls, operates, and has responsibility over pursuant to this chapter and as directed by law.
(a) The following sports facilities are part of the Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority:
(1) the professional football stadium constructed under this chapter; and
(2) any other sports facility constructed or acquired by the authority.
(b) The Target Center in Minneapolis, Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, and Target Field in Minneapolis may join the facilities of the authority upon satisfaction of the following factors and upon the approval of the authority:
(1) the governing body of the facility must make the request to the authority to become a sports facility under this section;
(2) the governing body and the authority must negotiate an agreement with respect to the transfer of all obligations and responsibilities, including, but not limited to, outstanding debt, revenue sources, finance, funding, operations, equipment, repair and replacements, capital improvements, reserves, contracts, and agreements;
(3) the governing body and the professional sports team who is the primary user of the facility must make a joint recommendation to the authority;
(4) the authority must find that the inclusion of a facility under the authority will not have a negative impact on the authority, the general fund, or become an obligation of the state of Minnesota; and
(5) any other information or requirements requested by the authority.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes