One or more local government units, or a joint powers board under section 471.59, acting on behalf of two or more units, may apply for designation of an area as a job opportunity building zone. All or part of the area proposed for designation as a zone must be located within the boundaries of each of the governmental units. A local government unit may not submit or have submitted on its behalf more than one application for designation of a job opportunity building zone.
The application must include:
(1) a development plan meeting the requirements of section 469.311;
(2) the proposed duration of the zone, not to exceed 12 years;
(3) a resolution or ordinance adopted by each of the cities or towns and the counties in which the zone is located, agreeing to provide all of the local tax exemptions provided under section 469.315;
(4) if the proposed zone includes area in a border city development zone, written consent to removal of the property from the border city development zone to the extent required by section 469.312, subdivision 4;
(5) an agreement by the applicant to treat incentives provided under the zone designation as business subsidies under sections 116J.993 to 116J.995 and to comply with the requirements of that law; and
(6) supporting evidence to allow the commissioner to evaluate the application under the criteria in section 469.314.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes