The commissioner may adopt rules for the following purposes:
(1) to establish minimum qualifications for elevator inspectors that must include possession of a current elevator constructor license issued by the department and proof of successful completion of the national elevator industry education program examination or equivalent experience;
(2) to establish minimum qualifications for limited elevator inspectors;
(3) to establish criteria for the qualifications of elevator contractors;
(5) to establish procedures for appeals of decisions of the commissioner under chapter 14 and procedures allowing the commissioner, before issuing a decision, to seek advice from the elevator trade, building owners or managers, and others knowledgeable in the installation, construction, and repair of elevators; and
(6) to establish requirements for the registration of all elevators.