Housing with services establishments, as defined in sections 144D.01 to 144D.07, that secure, segregate, or provide a special program or special unit for residents with a diagnosis of probable Alzheimer's disease or a related disorder or that advertise, market, or otherwise promote the establishment as providing specialized care for Alzheimer's disease or a related disorder are considered a "special care unit." All special care units shall provide a written disclosure to the following:
(1) the commissioner of health, if requested;
(2) the Office of Ombudsman for Long-Term Care; and
(3) each person seeking placement within a residence, or the person's authorized representative, before an agreement to provide the care is entered into.
Written disclosure shall include, but is not limited to, the following:
(1) a statement of the overall philosophy and how it reflects the special needs of residents with Alzheimer's disease or other dementias;
(2) the criteria for determining who may reside in the special care unit;
(3) the process used for assessment and establishment of the service plan or agreement, including how the plan is responsive to changes in the resident's condition;
(4) staffing credentials, job descriptions, and staff duties and availability, including any training specific to dementia;
(5) physical environment as well as design and security features that specifically address the needs of residents with Alzheimer's disease or other dementias;
(6) frequency and type of programs and activities for residents of the special care unit;
(7) involvement of families in resident care and availability of family support programs;
(8) fee schedules for additional services to the residents of the special care unit; and
(9) a statement that residents will be given a written notice 30 days prior to changes in the fee schedule.
Substantial changes to disclosures must be reported to the parties listed in subdivision 1 at the time the change is made.
Copyright © 2017 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.