When a conversion takes effect:
(1) all property owned by the converting organization remains vested in the converted organization;
(2) all debts, obligations, or other liabilities of the converting organization continue as debts, obligations, or other liabilities of the converted organization;
(3) an action or proceeding pending by or against the converting organization may be continued as if the conversion had not occurred;
(4) except as prohibited by law other than this chapter, all of the rights, privileges, immunities, powers, and purposes of the converting organization remain vested in the converted organization;
(5) except as otherwise provided in the plan of conversion, the terms and conditions of the plan of conversion take effect; and
A converted organization that is a foreign organization consents to the jurisdiction of the courts of this state to enforce any debt, obligation, or other liability for which the converting limited partnership is liable if, before the conversion, the converting limited partnership was subject to suit in this state on the debt, obligation, or other liability. A converted organization that is a foreign organization and not authorized to transact business in this state appoints the secretary of state as its agent for service of process for purposes of enforcing a debt, obligation, or other liability under this subdivision. Service on the secretary of state under this subdivision must be made in the same manner and has the same consequences as in section 321.0117.
Copyright © 2018 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.