(a) Upon a person's dissociation as a general partner:
(1) the person's right to participate as a general partner in the management and conduct of the partnership's activities terminates;
(2) the person's duty of loyalty as a general partner under section 321.0408(b)(3) terminates;
(3) the person's duty of loyalty as a general partner under section 321.0408(b)(1) and (2) and duty of care under section 321.0408(c) continue only with regard to matters arising and events occurring before the person's dissociation as a general partner;
(4) the person may sign and deliver to the secretary of state for filing a statement of dissociation pertaining to the person and, at the request of the limited partnership, shall sign an amendment to the certificate of limited partnership which states that the person has dissociated; and
(5) subject to section 321.0704 and article 11, any transferable interest owned by the person immediately before dissociation in the person's capacity as a general partner is owned by the person as a mere transferee.
(b) A person's dissociation as a general partner does not of itself discharge the person from any obligation to the limited partnership or the other partners which the person incurred while a general partner.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes