(a) In order to amend its certificate of limited partnership, a limited partnership must deliver to the secretary of state for filing an amendment or, pursuant to article 11, articles of merger stating:
(1) the name of the limited partnership;
(2) the date of filing of its initial certificate; and
(3) the changes the amendment makes to the certificate as most recently amended or restated.
(b) A limited partnership shall promptly deliver to the secretary of state for filing an amendment to a certificate of limited partnership to reflect:
(1) the admission of a new general partner;
(2) the dissociation of a person as a general partner; or
(3) the appointment of a person to wind up the limited partnership's activities under section 321.0803(c) or (d).
(c) A general partner that knows that any information in a filed certificate of limited partnership was false when the certificate was filed or has become false due to changed circumstances shall promptly:
(1) cause the certificate to be amended; or
(d) A certificate of limited partnership may be amended at any time for any other proper purpose as determined by the limited partnership.
(e) A restated certificate of limited partnership may be delivered to the secretary of state for filing in the same manner as an amendment.
(f) Subject to section 321.0206(c), an amendment or restated certificate is effective when filed by the secretary of state.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes