The director may issue a temporary permit for a person to possess a gambling device for the purpose of displaying the gambling device at a trade show, convention, or other event where gambling devices are displayed.
An application for a temporary permit under this section must contain:
(1) the applicant's name, address, and telephone number;
(2) the name, date, and location of the event where the gambling device will be displayed;
(3) the method or methods by which the gambling device will be transported to the event, including the name of all carriers performing the transportation and the date of expected shipment;
(4) the individual or individuals who will be responsible for the gambling device while it is in Minnesota;
(5) the type, make, model, and serial number of the device;
(6) the location where the device will be stored in Minnesota while not at the event location;
(7) the date on which the device will be transported outside Minnesota;
(8) evidence satisfactory to the director that the applicant is registered and in compliance with United States Code, title 15, sections 1171 to 1178; and
(9) other information the director deems necessary.
The fee for a permit under this section is $100.
A permit under this section authorizes possession of a gambling device only during the period and for the event named in the permit. The permit authorizes the possession of a gambling device for display, educational, and information purposes only, and does not authorize the conduct of any gambling. The permit may not extend for more than 72 hours beyond the end of the event named in the permit.
The director may conduct inspections of events where gambling devices are displayed to ensure compliance with this section and other laws relating to gambling.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes