The secretary of state shall prescribe by rule the form required for a recall petition. Each page of the petition must contain the following information:
(1) the name and office held by the state officer who is the subject of the recall petition and, in the case of a representative, senator, or district judge, the district number in which the state officer serves;
(2) the specific grounds upon which the state officer is sought to be recalled and a concise, accurate, and complete synopsis of the specific facts that are alleged to warrant recall on those grounds;
(3) a statement that a recall election, if conducted, will be conducted at public expense;
(4) a statement that persons signing the petition:
(i) must be eligible voters residing within the district where the state officer serves or, in the case of a statewide officer, within the state;
(ii) must know the purpose and content of the petition; and
(iii) must sign of their own free will and may sign only once; and
(5) a space for the signature and signature date; printed first, middle, and last name; residence address, including municipality and county; and date of birth of each signer.
The secretary of state shall make available sample recall petition forms upon request.