An employer that recruits a migrant worker shall provide the migrant worker, at the time the worker is recruited, with a written employment statement which shall state clearly and plainly, in English and Spanish:
(1) the date on which and the place at which the statement was completed and provided to the migrant worker;
(2) the name and permanent address of the migrant worker, of the employer, and of the recruiter who recruited the migrant worker;
(3) the date on which the migrant worker is to arrive at the place of employment, the date on which employment is to begin, the approximate hours of employment, and the minimum period of employment;
(4) the crops and the operations on which the migrant worker will be employed;
(5) the wage rates to be paid;
(6) the payment terms, as provided in section 181.87;
(7) any deduction to be made from wages; and
(8) whether housing will be provided.
The employment statement is an enforceable contract between the migrant worker and the employer.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes