For the purpose of this section and section 16B.322, the terms defined in this section have the meanings given them.
"Energy improvement project" means:
(1) a project to improve energy efficiency in a building or facility, including the design, acquisition, installation, construction, and commissioning of equipment or improvements to a building or facility owned or operated by a state agency, and training of building or facility staff necessary to properly operate and maintain the equipment or improvements; or
(2) a project to design, acquire, install, construct, and commission equipment or products to utilize solar, wind, geothermal, biomass, or other alternative energy sources in heating, cooling, or providing electricity for a building or facility owned or operated by a state agency and training of building or facility staff necessary to properly operate and maintain the equipment or improvements.
"Energy project study" means a technical and financial study of one or more energy improvement projects, including:
(1) an analysis of historical energy consumption and cost data;
(2) a description of existing equipment, structural elements, operating characteristics, and other conditions affecting energy use;
(3) a description of the proposed energy improvement projects;
(4) a detailed budget for the proposed project; and
(5) calculations sufficient to demonstrate the expected energy and operational cost savings and reduction in fossil-fuel use.
"Financing agreement" means a tax-exempt lease-purchase agreement entered into by the commissioner of administration and a financial institution under a standard project financing agreement offered under section 16B.322, subdivision 4.
"State agency" means any office, board, commission, authority, department, or other agency of the executive branch of state government.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes