The Board of Nursing shall convene an Advanced Practice Nursing Advisory Council consisting of seven members with representation as follows:
(1) four Minnesota licensed advanced practice registered nurses, consisting of one nurse practitioner, one nurse-midwife, one clinical nurse specialist, and one nurse anesthetist;
(2) two Minnesota licensed physicians who work with advanced practice registered nurses; and
(3) one public member who is not a Minnesota licensed advanced practice registered nurse or a Minnesota licensed physician.
Membership terms are as provided in section 15.059, subdivision 2, except that each member appointment shall be for a two-year term, with no member serving more than two consecutive terms.
The chair shall rotate among the four advanced practice registered nurse members, with each member serving as chair for two years in the following order: nurse practitioner, nurse-midwife, clinical nurse specialist, and nurse anesthetist.
The advisory council shall:
(1) review prescribing trends of advanced practice registered nurses at an aggregate level;
(2) review emerging practices and overlap of advanced practice nursing and specialty medical practices in the six population foci and four categories of advanced practice registered nurse practice;
(3) provide recommendations to the Board of Nursing regarding advanced practice nursing;
(4) advise the board on advanced practice registered nurse licensure and practice standards, including emerging practice trends, aggregate prescribing trends, and overlap of advanced practice registered nursing and medical practices;
(5) advise the board on distribution of information regarding advanced practice registered nurse licensure standards; and
(6) advise the board on issues related to advanced practice registered nurse practice and regulation.
The chair shall convene at least one meeting every six months.
Members shall not be compensated but shall be reimbursed for expenses under section 15.059, subdivision 3.
Members may be removed and vacancies shall be filled under section 15.059, subdivision 4.
This section sunsets February 2, 2022.