Note: see session law sections for effective dates.
(a) Each registered housing with services establishment must meet the following requirements:
(1) have a written emergency disaster plan that contains a plan for evacuation, addresses elements of sheltering in-place, identifies temporary relocation sites, and details staff assignments in the event of a disaster or an emergency;
(2) post an emergency disaster plan prominently;
(3) provide building emergency exit diagrams to all tenants upon signing a lease;
(4) post emergency exit diagrams on each floor; and
(5) have a written policy and procedure regarding missing tenants.
(b) Each registered housing with services establishment must provide emergency and disaster training to all staff during the initial staff orientation and annually thereafter and must make emergency and disaster training available to all tenants annually. Staff who have not received emergency and disaster training are allowed to work only when trained staff are also working on site.
(c) Each registered housing with services location must conduct and document a fire drill or other emergency drill at least every six months. To the extent possible, drills must be coordinated with local fire departments or other community emergency resources.