The Board of Executives shall:
(1) develop and enforce standards for licensing of nursing home administrators and assisted living directors. The standards shall be designed to assure that nursing home administrators and assisted living directors will be individuals of good character who, by training or experience, are suitably qualified to serve as nursing home administrators or assisted living directors;
(2) develop appropriate techniques, including examinations and investigations, for determining whether applicants and licensees meet the board's standards;
(3) issue licenses and permits to those individuals who are found to meet the board's standards;
(4) establish and implement procedures designed to assure that individuals licensed as nursing home administrators and assisted living directors will comply with the board's standards;
(5) receive and investigate complaints and take appropriate action consistent with chapter 214, to revoke or suspend the license or permit of a nursing home administrator or acting administrator or an assisted living director or acting director who fails to comply with sections 144A.18 to 144A.27 or the board's standards;
(6) conduct a continuing study and investigation of nursing homes and assisted living facilities, and the administrators of nursing homes and assisted living directors within the state, with a view to the improvement of the standards imposed for the licensing of administrators and directors and improvement of the procedures and methods used for enforcement of the board's standards; and
(7) approve or conduct courses of instruction or training designed to prepare individuals for licensing in accordance with the board's standards. The board may approve courses conducted within or without this state.
NOTE: The amendment to this section by Laws 2019, chapter 60, article 4, section 12, is effective July 1, 2020. Laws 2019, chapter 60, article 4, section 12, the effective date.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes