(a) Sections 117.031; 117.036; 117.055, subdivision 2, paragraph (b); 117.186; 117.187; 117.188; and 117.52, subdivisions 1a and 4, do not apply to the use of eminent domain authority by public service corporations for any purpose other than construction or expansion of:
(1) a high-voltage transmission line of 100 kilovolts or more, or ancillary substations;
(2) a natural gas, petroleum, or petroleum products pipeline, or ancillary compressor stations or pumping stations; or
(3) a light rail transit or bus rapid transit line.
(b) For purposes of an award of appraisal fees under section 117.085, the fees awarded may not exceed $1,500 for all types of property except for a public service corporation's use of eminent domain for:
(1) a high-voltage transmission line, where the award may not exceed $3,000; and
(2) a light rail transit or bus rapid transit line, where the award shall be as provided in section 117.085.
(c) For purposes of this section, "pipeline" does not include a natural gas distribution line transporting gas to an end user.