(a) By July 1, 2022, the Energy Transition Advisory Committee established in section 116J.5492 must submit a statewide energy transition plan to the governor and the chairs and ranking minority members of the legislative committees having jurisdiction over economic development and energy.
(b) The energy transition plan must, at a minimum, for each impacted facility:
(1) identify the timing and location of impacted facility retirements and projected job losses in communities;
(2) analyze the estimated fiscal impact of impacted facility retirements on local governments;
(3) describe the statutes and administrative processes that govern how retired utility property impacts a local government tax base;
(4) review existing state programs that might support impacted communities and impacted workers, and project the effectiveness of each program's response to the effects of impacted facility retirements; and
(5) recommend how to effectively respond to the economic effects of impacted facility retirements.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes