89A.09 INTERAGENCY INFORMATION COOPERATIVE.
Subdivision 1. Establishment.
The dean of the University of Minnesota, College of Natural
Resources, shall be encouraged to coordinate the establishment of an Interagency Information
Cooperative. Members of the cooperative must include:
(1) the University of Minnesota, College of Natural Resources;
(2) the University of Minnesota, Natural Resources Research Institute;
(3) the department;
(4) the Land Management Information Center;
(5) the Minnesota Association of County Land Commissioners;
(6) the United States Forest Service; and
(7) other organizations as deemed appropriate by the members.
Subd. 2. Purpose.
The purposes of the cooperative are to:
(1) coordinate the development and use of forest resources data in the state;
(2) promote the development of statewide guidelines and common language to enhance the
ability of public and private organizations and institutions to share forest resources data;
(3) promote the development of information systems that support access to important forest
(4) promote improvement in the accuracy, reliability, and statistical soundness of
fundamental forest resources data;
(5) promote linkages and integration of forest resources data to other natural resource
(6) promote access and use of forest resources data and information systems in
decision-making by a variety of public and private organizations;
(7) promote expanding the capacity and reliability of forest growth, succession, and other
types of ecological models; and
(8) conduct a needs assessment for improving the quality and quantity of information
Subd. 3. Report.
The information cooperative shall report to the council its accomplishments
in fulfilling the responsibilities identified in this section.
History: 1995 c 220 s 86,141,142; 1995 c 263 s 12; 1996 c 351 s 1; 1999 c 231 s 191;
1Sp2001 c 2 s 151; 2002 c 379 art 1 s 108; 2004 c 241 s 4