As used in this section:
(1) "place of public accommodation" has the meaning given in section 363A.03, subdivision 34, but excludes recreational trails;
(2) "criminal gang" has the meaning given in section 609.229, subdivision 1; and
(3) "obscene" has the meaning given in section 617.241, subdivision 1.
(a) A place of public accommodation may not restrict access, admission, or usage to a person solely because the person operates a motorcycle or is wearing clothing that displays the name of an organization or association.
(b) This subdivision does not prohibit the restriction of access, admission, or usage to a person because:
(1) the person's conduct poses a risk to the health or safety of another or to the property of another; or
(2) the clothing worn by the person is obscene or includes the name or symbol of a criminal gang.
A person injured by a violation of subdivision 2 may bring an action for actual damages, punitive damages under sections 549.191 and 549.20 in an amount not to exceed $500, injunctive relief, and reasonable attorney fees in an amount not to exceed $500.
Copyright © 2017 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.