(1) for libel, slander, assault, battery, false imprisonment, or other tort resulting in personal injury, and all actions against veterinarians as defined in chapter 156, for malpractice, error, mistake, or failure to cure, whether based on contract or tort; provided a counterclaim may be pleaded as a defense to any action for services brought by a veterinarian after the limitations period if it was the property of the party pleading it at the time it became barred and was not barred at the time the claim sued on originated, but no judgment thereof except for costs can be rendered in favor of the party so pleading it;
(3) for damages caused by a dam, other than a dam used for commercial purposes; but as against one holding under the preemption or homestead laws, the limitations shall not begin to run until a patent has been issued for the land so damaged;
(4) against a master for breach of an indenture of apprenticeship; the limitation runs from the expiration of the term of service;
(5) for the recovery of wages or overtime or damages, fees, or penalties accruing under any federal or state law respecting the payment of wages or overtime or damages, fees, or penalties except, that if the employer fails to submit payroll records by a specified date upon request of the Department of Labor and Industry or if the nonpayment is willful and not the result of mistake or inadvertence, the limitation is three years. (The term "wages" means all remuneration for services or employment, including commissions and bonuses and the cash value of all remuneration in any medium other than cash, where the relationship of master and servant exists and the term "damages" means single, double, or treble damages, accorded by any statutory cause of action whatsoever and whether or not the relationship of master and servant exists);
(6) for damages caused by the establishment of a street or highway grade or a change in the originally established grade;
(7) against the person who applies the pesticide for injury or damage to property resulting from the application, but not the manufacture or sale, of a pesticide.
(9193) RL s 4078; 1925 c 113 s 1; 1935 c 80 s 1; 1945 c 513 s 1; 1953 c 378 s 3; 1955 c 843 s 1; 1963 c 749 s 2; 1965 c 812 s 21; 1978 c 738 s 2; 1982 c 546 s 2; 1984 c 608 s 4; 1989 c 190 s 1; 1989 c 286 s 1; 1990 c 419 s 1; 1992 c 511 art 7 s 23; 1997 c 213 art 3 s 1; 1999 c 23 s 1; 2000 c 471 s 2
Copyright © 2013 by the Office of the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.