This is a historical version of this statute section. Also view the most recent published version.
Authorized delegates of a licensee or of an exempt entity, acting within the scope of authority conferred by a written contract as described in section 53B.20, are not required to obtain a license under this chapter. This chapter does not apply to:
(1) the United States or any department, agency, or instrumentality of the United States;
(2) the United States Postal Service;
(3) the state or any political subdivision of the state;
(4) banks, credit unions, savings associations, savings banks, mutual banks organized under the laws of any state or the United States, or bank holding companies which have a banking subsidiary located in Minnesota and whose debt securities have an investment grade rating by a national rating agency, provided that if they issue or sell payment instruments through authorized delegates who are not banks, bank holding companies, credit unions, savings associations, savings banks, or mutual banks, those authorized delegates must comply with all requirements imposed upon authorized delegates under this chapter; and
(5) the provision of electronic transfer of government benefits for any federal, state, or county governmental agency as defined in Federal Reserve Board Regulation E, by a contractor for and on behalf of the United States or any department, agency, or instrumentality of the United States, or any state or any political subdivision of the state.
Copyright © 2008 by the Office of the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.