2006 Minnesota Statutes
This is a historical version of this statute chapter.
Also view the most recent published version.
The purposes of sections
(1) to provide a sufficient supply of adequate, safe, and sanitary dwellings in order to protect
the health, safety, morals, and welfare of the citizens of this state;
(2) to clear and redevelop blighted areas;
(3) to perform those duties according to comprehensive plans;
(4) to remedy the shortage of housing for low and moderate income residents, and to
redevelop blighted areas, in situations in which private enterprise would not act without
government participation or subsidies; and
(5) in cities of the first class, to provide housing for persons of all incomes.
Public participation in activities intended to meet the purposes of sections
and the exercise of powers confined by sections
are public uses and
purposes for which private property may be acquired and public money spent.
History: 1987 c 291 s 1
Copyright © 2006 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.