This is a historical version of this statute chapter. Also view the most recent published version.
If a majority of the voters voting on the question vote "Yes," the town board may regulate:
(1) the location, height, bulk, number of stories, size of buildings and other structures,
(2) the location of roads and schools,
(3) the percentage of lot which may be occupied,
(4) the sizes of yards and other open spaces,
(5) the density and distribution of population,
(6) the uses of buildings and structures for trade, industry, residence, recreation, public activities, or other purposes, and
(7) the uses of lands for trade, industry, residence, recreation, agriculture, forestry, soil conservation, water supply conservation, or other purposes.
To carry out this section it shall issue land use or zoning permits or approvals. It shall be unlawful to erect, establish, alter, enlarge, use, occupy, or maintain a building, structure, improvement, or premises without having a land use or zoning permit or approval.
Before adopting a regulation under this section the board shall hold a public hearing on the matter with notice as provided in section 366.15.
This section is subject to section 366.13.
Copyright © 2010 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.