Notwithstanding Minnesota Rules, part 9502.0435, a family child care provider may disinfect the diaper changing surface with chlorine bleach in a manner consistent with label directions for disinfection or with a surface disinfectant that meets the following criteria:
(1) the manufacturer's label or instructions state that the product is registered with the United States Environmental Protection Agency;
(2) the manufacturer's label or instructions state that the disinfectant is effective against Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella enterica, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa;
(3) the manufacturer's label or instructions state that the disinfectant is effective with a ten minute or less contact time;
(4) the disinfectant is clearly labeled by the manufacturer with directions for mixing and use;
(5) the disinfectant is used only in accordance with the manufacturer's directions; and
(6) the product does not include triclosan or derivatives of triclosan.
Copyright © 2016 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.