"Large energy facility" means:
(1) any electric power generating plant or combination of plants at a single site with a combined capacity of 50,000 kilowatts or more and transmission lines directly associated with the plant that are necessary to interconnect the plant to the transmission system;
(2) any high-voltage transmission line with a capacity of 200 kilovolts or more and greater than 1,500 feet in length;
(3) any high-voltage transmission line with a capacity of 100 kilovolts or more with more than ten miles of its length in Minnesota or that crosses a state line;
(4) any pipeline greater than six inches in diameter and having more than 50 miles of its length in Minnesota used for the transportation of coal, crude petroleum or petroleum fuels or oil, or their derivatives;
(5) any pipeline for transporting natural or synthetic gas at pressures in excess of 200 pounds per square inch with more than 50 miles of its length in Minnesota;
(6) any facility designed for or capable of storing on a single site more than 100,000 gallons of liquefied natural gas or synthetic gas;
(7) any underground gas storage facility requiring a permit pursuant to section 103I.681;
(8) any nuclear fuel processing or nuclear waste storage or disposal facility; and
(9) any facility intended to convert any material into any other combustible fuel and having the capacity to process in excess of 75 tons of the material per hour.
Copyright © 2016 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.