This is a historical version of this statute chapter. Also view the most recent published version.
(a) A working group is hereby established to investigate and recommend to the legislature requirements for additional options for voting equipment that complies with the requirements of section 301 of the Help America Vote Act, Public Law 107-252, to provide private and independent voting for individuals with disabilities.
The working group must be cochaired by representatives of the Minnesota Disability Law Center and Citizens for Election Integrity - Minnesota.
(b) The working group must convene its first meeting by June 30, 2006, and must report to the legislature by February 15, 2007.
(c) The working group must include, but is not limited to:
(1) the disability community;
(2) the secretary of state;
(3) county and local election officials;
(4) major and minor political parties;
(5)(i) one member of the senate majority caucus and one member of the senate minority caucus appointed by the Subcommittee on Committees of the Committee on Rules and Administration; and
(ii) one member of the house of representatives majority caucus and one member of the house of representatives minority caucus appointed by the speaker;
(6) nonpartisan organizations;
(7) at least one individual with computer security expertise and knowledge of elections; and
(8) members of the public, other than vendors of election equipment, selected by consensus of the other members, including representatives of language and other minorities.
(d) Members of the working group will be selected by:
(1) a representative of the Office of the Secretary of State;
(2) a representative of the county election officials;
(3) the cochairs; and
(4) two legislators representing each party.
Copyright © 2008 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.