Subdivision 1. Reports to superintendent.
The person in charge of providing instruction
to a child must submit the following information to the superintendent of the district in which
the child resides:
(1) by October 1 of each school year, the name, birth date, and address of each child
(2) the name of each instructor and evidence of compliance with one of the requirements
specified in section
120A.22, subdivision 10
(3) an annual instructional calendar; and
(4) for each child instructed by a parent who meets only the requirement of section
, clause (6), a quarterly report card on the achievement of the child in each subject
area required in section
120A.22, subdivision 9
Subd. 2. Availability of documentation.
The person in charge of providing instruction to a
child must make available documentation indicating that the subjects required in section
, are being taught. This documentation must include class schedules, copies of
materials used for instruction, and descriptions of methods used to assess student achievement.
Subd. 3. Exemptions.
A nonpublic school, person, or other institution that is accredited
by an accrediting agency, recognized according to section
, or recognized by the
commissioner, is exempt from the requirements in subdivisions 1 and 2, except for the
requirement in subdivision 1, clause (1).
Subd. 4. Reports to the state.
A superintendent must make an annual report to the
commissioner of education. The report must include the following information:
(1) the number of children residing in the district attending nonpublic schools or receiving
instruction from persons or institutions other than a public school;
(2) the number of children in clause (1) who are in compliance with section
this section; and
(3) the number of children in clause (1) who the superintendent has determined are not in
compliance with section
and this section.
History: 1987 c 178 s 2; 1993 c 224 art 9 s 15; 1Sp1995 c 3 art 16 s 13; 1998 c 397 art 1 s
37-39,58; art 11 s 3; 1998 c 398 art 5 s 55; 1999 c 241 art 6 s 1; 1Sp2003 c 9 art 2 s 2