For the purposes of this section, a "telephone directory" means a printed list of residential, governmental, or commercial telephone service subscribers or users, or a combination of subscribers or users, that contains more than 7,500 listings and is distributed to the subscribers or users.
A person may not place a telephone directory:
(1) in solid waste;
(2) in a disposal facility; or
(3) in a resource recovery facility, except a recycling facility.
A person may not distribute a telephone directory to any person in this state unless the telephone directory:
(1) is printed on paper that is recyclable;
(2) is printed with inks that contain no heavy metals or other toxic materials; and
(3) is bound with materials that pose no unreasonable barriers to recycling of the directory.
Each publisher or distributor of telephone directories shall:
(1) provide for the collection and delivery to a recycler of waste telephone directories;
(2) inform recipients of directories of the collection system; and
(3) submit a report to the agency by August 1 of each year that specifies the percentage of distributed directories collected as waste directories by distribution area and the locations where the waste directories were delivered for recycling and that verifies that the directories have been recycled.
Copyright © 2015 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.