Skip to main content Skip to office menu Skip to footer
Capital IconMinnesota Legislature

Office of the Revisor of Statutes


Before transacting business in this state, a foreign limited liability company shall obtain a certificate of authority to transact business in this state by filing an application with the secretary of state together with a total fee of $185. The application must state:

(1) the name of the company and any alternate name adopted pursuant to section 322C.0805, subdivision 1;

(2) the name of the state or other jurisdiction under whose law the company is formed;

(3) a statement that the foreign limited liability company has complied with the organizational laws in the jurisdiction under whose laws the company is formed;

(4) the street address of the company's principal place of business and, if the law of the jurisdiction under which the company is formed requires the company to maintain an office in that jurisdiction, the street address of the required office; and

(5) the name and street address of the company's initial registered office and agent for service of process in this state.

Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes