"Park road" means that portion of a street or highway located entirely within the park boundaries of a city, county, regional, or state park.
A road authority may not make a change in the width, grade, or alignment of a park road that would affect the wildlife habitat or aesthetic characteristics of the park road or its adjacent vegetation or terrain, unless:
(1) the change is required to permit the safe travel of vehicles at the speed lawfully designated for the park road, in which case the change must be made; or
(2) if the road is a county state-aid highway or municipal state-aid street, the change is required by the minimum state-aid standard applicable to the road.
(a) A road authority and its officers and employees, are exempt from liability for any tort claim for injury to persons or property arising from travel on a park road and related to the design of the park road, if:
(1) the design is adopted to conform to subdivision 2;
(2) the design is not grossly negligent; and
(3) if the park road is a county state-aid highway or municipal state-aid street, the design complies with the minimum state-aid standard applicable to the road.
(b) This subdivision does not preclude an action for damages arising from negligence in the construction, reconstruction, or maintenance of a park road.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes