(a) The secretary of state shall conduct a prefiling review of a document proposed for filing on behalf of a business entity if the filing party submits to the secretary of state:
(1) the document to be reviewed and a nonrefundable $250 fee; and
(2) a name reservation form, if the document proposes a name change or requires the use of a name otherwise unregistered at the time the document is submitted under this subdivision.
(b) If the secretary of state determines that the prefiled document meets all applicable statutory requirements, the document shall be returned to the filing party with an approval stamp affixed to the document that includes the approval date.
(c) The fee submitted pursuant to paragraph (a) shall be deposited by the secretary of state in the state treasury and credited to the Uniform Commercial Code account for the purposes in section 336.1-110.
A document approved pursuant to subdivision 1 may be filed with the secretary of state without further substantive review if:
(1) the document submitted for filing is the document submitted for prefiling review and is submitted within six months of its approval date;
(2) the appropriate filing fee is submitted by the filing party with the document being filed; and
(3) neither the applicable statutory requirements nor the status of the business entity has changed since the approval date of the prefiling review.