The commissioner of human services shall supervise the food stamp program to aid administration of the food stamp program by local social services agencies pursuant to section 393.07, subdivision 10, to promote excellence of administration and program operation, and to ensure compliance with all federal laws and regulations so that all eligible persons are able to participate.
The commissioner of human services shall apply to the United States Department of Agriculture for waivers of monthly reporting and retrospective budgeting requirements.
The commissioner of human services, in consultation with the commissioner of employment and economic development, is authorized to implement and allocate money to food stamp employment and training programs in as many counties as is necessary to meet federal participation requirements and comply with federal laws and regulations. The commissioner of human services may contract with the commissioner of employment and economic development to implement and supervise employment and training programs for food stamp recipients that are required by federal regulations.
In the event that Minnesota qualifies for the United States Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Services Food Stamp Program performance bonus awards, the funding is appropriated to the commissioner. The commissioner shall retain 25 percent of the funding and distribute the other 75 percent among the counties according to a formula that takes into account each county's impact on state performance in the applicable bonus categories.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes