Special members' meetings of the members may be called by:
(1) a majority vote of the board; or
(2) the written petition of at least 20 percent of the members submitted to the president.
(a) The chair or president shall give notice of a special members' meeting by:
(1) publication in a legal newspaper published in the county of the principal place of business of the cooperative;
(2) publication in a magazine, periodical, or other publication of the cooperative that is regularly published by or on behalf of the cooperative and circulated generally among members; or
(3) mailing the special members' meeting notice to each member personally at the person's last known post office address, which for a member cooperative means notice mailed to the secretary of the cooperative.
(b) The special members' meeting notice shall state the time, place, and purpose of the special members' meeting.
(c) The special members' meeting notice shall be issued within ten days from and after the date of the presentation of a members' petition, and the special members' meeting must be held by 30 days after the date of the presentation of the members' petition.
1989 c 144 art 1 s 30; art 3 s 21