(a) If, after reviewing a complaint or conducting an investigation and considering the response of an agency, facility, or program and any other pertinent material, the ombudsperson determines that the complaint has merit or the investigation reveals a problem, the ombudsperson may recommend that the agency, facility, or program:
(1) consider the matter further;
(2) modify or cancel its actions;
(3) alter a rule, order, or internal policy;
(4) explain more fully the action in question; or
(5) take other action as authorized under section 257.0762.
(b) At the ombudsperson's request, the agency, facility, or program shall, within a reasonable time, inform the ombudsperson about the action taken on the recommendation or the reasons for not complying with it.