The Advisory Council on Interstate Adult Offender Supervision consists of the following individuals or their designees:
(1) the governor;
(2) the chief justice of the supreme court;
(3) two senators, one from the majority and the other from the minority party, selected by the Subcommittee on Committees of the senate Committee on Rules and Administration;
(4) two representatives, one from the majority and the other from the minority party, selected by the house speaker;
(5) the compact administrator, selected as provided in section 243.1607;
(6) the executive director of the Office of Justice Programs in the Department of Public Safety; and
(7) other members as appointed by the commissioner of corrections.
The council may elect a chair from among its members.
The council shall oversee and administer the state's participation in the compact described in section 243.1605. The council shall appoint the compact administrator as the state's commissioner. In addition to these duties, the council shall develop a model policy concerning the operations and procedures of the compact within the state.
By March 1 of each year, the council shall report to the governor and the chairs and ranking minority members of the senate and house of representatives committees having jurisdiction over criminal justice policy on its activities along with providing a copy of the annual report published by the national commission that includes the activities of the interstate commission and executive committee as described in section 243.1605 for the preceding year.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes