(a) The administrator shall exercise general supervision over all county institutions, departments and agencies, and with the approval of the board, coordinate the activities of the county and unify the management of its affairs.
(b) If directed by the board, the administrator may act as the head of any bureau or department, the appointment of which is made by the board, provided the administrator has the qualifications required by law.
(c) The administrator's powers and duties shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) hire qualified office staff in the classified or unclassified service to assist in the performance of the administrator's duties as approved by the board;
(2) provide for the execution of all ordinances, resolutions and orders of the board and all laws of the state required to be enforced through the board by the administrator or by officers who are under the direction and supervision of the administrator;
(3) appoint, suspend and remove, with approval of the board, all personnel in the unclassified service who directly report to the administrator;
(4) provide for county purchases, including purchases of service, as directed by the county board;
(5) perform all duties, functions, and responsibilities provided by law of the offices enumerated in Laws 1967, chapter 599, notwithstanding contrary provisions therein as are provided by general and special law;
(7) prepare, submit and update, if directed by the board to do so, an administrative code incorporating the details of administrative procedures for the operation of the county;
(8) examine the books and papers of officers and departments of the county with the assistance of internal audit or independent audit, as the board may direct, and report the findings to the board;
(9) keep the board fully advised as to the financial condition and needs of the county and make such other reports as the board or the administrator deems advisable; and
(10) attend meetings of the board and make recommendations.
(d) The administrator may, with approval of the board, appoint and designate persons to carry out those duties, functions, and responsibilities referred to in paragraph (c), clause (5).